Saturday, March 27, 2010

Blog Hop Day 2 - Bead the World and Hop Along with PWA!

Welcome Hoppers!
This is the 2nd day of the Blog Hop!


The hop officially starts at PennyWiseArts Blog so if you missed the start just click and hop over to say hi to Suzanne. If you came on over from InsaneDaze blog, glad you hopped in to say hi! The next blog hop stop is CraftyChickfromMaine blog. Their blogs and art are amazing!

You are invited to leave comments to be eligible for Blog candy from this blog site and many other blog hop stops. This blog will award a winner drawn at random on the last day, March 28th. ImpressionsDelight blog candy is a grab bag of beads and beadables worth about $10.00. Be sure to leave your comment!

Above you see my Chocolate Bunny ATC created for a PWA monthly ATC swap (check out our Yahoo Group! You won't be disappointed!) - stamped bunny is from Stampin' Up and ribbon is actually a Hero Arts stamp from a set I bought over 5 years ago. The ribbon stamped image is covered in the clear ultra fine micro beads. Saying is from Rubber Moon. I created the chocolate background myself. Had to get the right color!

Below are some more ATC beaded creations! These were from this year's PWA Yahoo Group ATC Swaps. The pink flamingo uses the O'So tape to adher the fiber ribbon and I used Diamond Glaze to apply the clear ultra fine microbeads in the flower center. The rooster ATC features two strips of black beads (top and bottom of the ATC. The background was my own creation using markers and I stamped and embossed the rooster image on top of it.


Below are some non-card creations! I must admit I love to use the beads on EVERYTHING! Dominoes and tiles are great mediums to use the micro beadsbeads on as well as bottle caps! The domino is a left over from a swap several years ago. I used Ranger Ink's alcohol inks to color the domino, the stamped the image with black Stazon ink (you can actually emboss the image but Stazon is quicker!), and to seal Diamond Glaze from Judikins on top of the face of the domino. Then on the sides apply O'So adhesive tape, and lastly dipped in PWA's Wild Plum micro beads! I glued the beads on top as a way to thread a cord and wear!

I am currently creating a project for Alice in Wonderland and created the "watch" using the bottle cap, a stamped image of a pocket watch face and O'So Tape and ultra fine translucent micro beads (my favorite). This is truly a work in progress. I attempted to color the rim of the bottle cap gold.



Hope you enjoy and have fun on the Blog Hop! Never met a Beadie Buddy I didn't like!  Be sure to hop over to the PennyWise Arts site for more info on the products, how-to's and ideas!

Thanks for hopping by!  Kathi

11 comments:

  1. I love your ideas Kathi. Please show us later on what you do with the cute beaded watch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoppping by! Love the watch idea with the bottle cap and the domino!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the watch idea! Thanks for sharing! Gail gailheinecke at charter dot net

    ReplyDelete
  4. very fun creations. So many projects... I hope Suzanne doesn't run out of beads before I'm done LOL
    thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. The watch is just too cool. Sure glad I hopped by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful watch! I think you've done a wonderful job! Then again, I like everything you've done, Kathi - some really great stuff! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your ideas! The background on the ATC with the rooster is great!thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great ideas Kathi. LOVE the chocolate bunny.
    Hugs,
    Brooke B.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!